James White is like flatland royalty, so when you see on Facebook that the man is dropping a new edit with a classic Dorkin’ reference to boot you know it’s going to be good. This one hit me in a different way than previous “Me summer 2016 bits” and “The adventures of James White on the wheels of steel” did, James hit a spot that I feel has been missing in flatland edits over the past few years despite regularly posting on instagram these lines remain fresh.
The emotion I got out of watching this was like a Dorkin’ part watched for the first time with no idea what’s going to go down, mixing all the the flatland eras James has gone through into a 3:38 edit and have this real hype quality that James seems to always have. And the major factor James always seems to communicate is that this was pure fun and returns t the feeling of watching a video part we used to pay for back in the day…
As always with Must watch edits I like to talk about what stood out to me:
– The backwards xft peg wheelie full scuffless gerator body varial at 00:43.
– The triple two footed and dump truck walkarounds at 1:21 and 1:46. This is years of riding to get these so smooth, amazing control!
– The no handed sliding hitchhiker (what do you call that?) to no handed pivot out at 2:26, creating something new out something old. Pure class.
– Full body varial back wheel sliding half lash at 2:53 in the wet no less.
– My favourite line of the edit without a doubt, the whiplash body varial whiplash out at 3:12 is one of the best tricks of the year hands down!
– And the ender, is pure skills. Opposite dump pivot xft backwards ice cream pivot regular dump out at 3:23.
Hitting the rewind again, great stuff from Whiteski!