William Perez sent through this edit from Round 1 of the South American Circuit “Start Combat 2019”. The first round took place in Lima, Peru. Congratulations to Balu who took the win, peep the edit/result below.
1. Sergio Ricardo Balu (Brasil)
2. Max Aburto (Chile)
3. Arturo Garay (Paraguay)
4. Williams Perez (Peru)
5. Jonathan Camargo (Colombia)
The next circuit date is in Colombia Bambuco Jam 12 October, Brazil 01 November and finish in Córdoba, Argentina on 07 December.
August is often the busiest month of the year on the site, and it certainly got started with a bang on August 1st! The man of the moment, Viki Gomez fresh back from the 2016 World Circuit title in Brazil goes back to the core day to day sessions at his home spot in Luxembourg and just like the CORE Part 1, this delivers at the highest level!
Highlights for me:
– The opening rolling dump truck pivot backwards xft ice cream pivot opposite side two footed dump truck pivot xft ice cream line is just beautiful and took me back to the riding of Dan Rigby, amazing!
– X bar steam kickflip regular bar halfpacker pivot opposite xft hitch xft halfhiker body varial to halfpacker at 00:39!
– I know it’s not new, but the hang ten pressure jump steam Viki does at 1:03 is timeless, execution is also on point!
– Backwards crackpacker in circles carved back to forwards crackpacker steam kick flip crackpacker, the technicality and sheer variety of moves Viki has is just incredible! This is years and years of crafting to get to this level, I could go on and on, but I’ll leave it here.
At 44 minutes long, when you have some spare time to kill grab yourself a cuppa and enjoy the Pro flatland qualification runs from Fise Denver last weekend. Featuring Brian Gavagan, Stephen Cerra, Benjamin Hudson, Bryan Huffman, Adam Kun, James McGraw, Omari Cato, Bo Wade, Takuji Kasahara, Williams Perez, Joris Bretagnolles, Alex Jumelin, and Matthias Dandois. Shoutout to Henry Wagner and his bro, for taking the time to do this!
Plenty of footage coming through from Round 3 of the World Circuit, beach vibes from Rio and great riding from the likes of Williams Perez, Arthur Garay, Benjamin Hudson, Bruno Zebu, Gilberto Rocha, Jorge Gallardo, Leo Claro, Luis dos Santos, Marcio Soares, Mateus Beckmann, Moto Sasaki, Owen Bohn, Romulo Guerra, Sergio “Balu”, Viki Gomez, William Brado, Yohei Uchino and many more!
We started the last month of the year with this sick xft pedal turbine mega spin opposite foot decade clip out of Jason Plourde.
On December 2nd, Alberto Moya published this really nice edit from the jam the day after the Com’in Lyon contest a few weeks back featuring Alexis Desolneux, Charles Paty, Fabien Stephan, Alberto Moya, Kevin Jacob, Mates Tucek and Matthieu Bonnecuelle. Definitely worth a watch!
Joel Schallhorn has been progressing a ton since his return from China back to his home in Denver, Colorado. Joel definitely stands out to me as he rides so differently than almost anyone I can think of, in this edit you will see lots of new opposite bar flips, gadget whips variations, and a fun new no footed steam holding the stem (3:57 + backwards variation) that was inspired by Martti Kuoppa at a Tintadome session at BITR last month. Really enjoyed this edit, keep on shredding Joel!
A couple of things caught my eye about this edit, I never thought I’d see Drum n’ Bass (Major Lazer to be precise) used with slow-mo flatland…. There is normal speed too I might add, and the two foot mega spin turbine jump to two footed backyard with no scuff at 3:29 is amazing! Well worth a look, Williams Perez from Peru is killin it!